Why Towler & Associates, CPAs?
- We are focused on small businesses!
- We don’t just work with numbers, we work with your needs.
- We listen and respond quickly, year round.
- We are trusted accountants and tax advisors
RRSP or TFSA
Feb 23, 2015
March 2, 2015 is the deadline for Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) contributions that qualify for deduction on your 2014 tax return. Several clients have contacted me recently to confirm their 2014 contribution limit or to discuss whether it is prudent for them to contribute to an RRSP. If we have authorization to contact CRA on your behalf, we can confirm your confirmation limit, but many of our clients aren't aware that all Notices of Assessment report the RRSP contribution limit for the following year, so the information is readily available to them (I am assuming that all my clients retain their Notices of Assessments).
For many taxpayers, RRSP contributions are a wise decision. But for some taxpayers, they aren't. For example, someone with credit card debit or high interest loans, is wiser to pay down those debts rather than contributing to an RRSP. RRSP contributions are most beneficial to taxpayers that are currently in a higher tax bracket than they will be after they retire, when they withdraw from their RRSP. For some taxpayers, the Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) may be a wiser choice. If you would like to discuss the tax benefits of either program, feel free to contact my office
TIMELY AND INFORMATIVE!
A newsletter for Business Owners, Professionals, and Investors.
Sign up for our
Business Matters Newsletter
I recently required the tax services of a Chartered Professional Accountant, Warren Towler of the award winning accounting firm Towler & Associates, CPA's located in North Vancouver. Warren helped me and my wife save much more than I thought I could possibly save on my taxes this year. Not only did we receive a much larger refund than we were expecting, but Warren's professionalism and diligence were outstanding. Warren made the dreaded tax season a delight and I am highly recommending Warren…
Bill Hamilton, Colorworks
- Return To Work Raises Crucial Legal Questions For Organizations — Feb 22, 2022
- How To Check If You Have Unclaimed Cheques From The Cra — Feb 22, 2022
- 5 Financial Mistakes To Avoid When You’re Young — Feb 22, 2022
- You’ve Just Learned Cra Intends To Review Your Tax Return. Now What? — Feb 22, 2022
- Business Matters June 2021 — Jun 09, 2021