Why Towler & Associates, CPAs?
- We are focused on small businesses!
- We don’t just work with numbers, we work with your needs.
- We listen and respond quickly, year round.
- We are trusted accountants and tax advisors
RRSP or TFSA
Feb 23, 2015
March 2, 2015 is the deadline for Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) contributions that qualify for deduction on your 2014 tax return. Several clients have contacted me recently to confirm their 2014 contribution limit or to discuss whether it is prudent for them to contribute to an RRSP. If we have authorization to contact CRA on your behalf, we can confirm your confirmation limit, but many of our clients aren't aware that all Notices of Assessment report the RRSP contribution limit for the following year, so the information is readily available to them (I am assuming that all my clients retain their Notices of Assessments).
For many taxpayers, RRSP contributions are a wise decision. But for some taxpayers, they aren't. For example, someone with credit card debit or high interest loans, is wiser to pay down those debts rather than contributing to an RRSP. RRSP contributions are most beneficial to taxpayers that are currently in a higher tax bracket than they will be after they retire, when they withdraw from their RRSP. For some taxpayers, the Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) may be a wiser choice. If you would like to discuss the tax benefits of either program, feel free to contact my office
TIMELY AND INFORMATIVE!
A newsletter for Business Owners, Professionals, and Investors.
Sign up for our
Business Matters Newsletter
Warren has been my accountant for almost two years. I was referred to him through friend of mine and I am forever thankful for the introduction. Anytime I need a question answered he responds right away and if I need advice I trust what he says. He has completed two year- end financial statements for me and it has been painless. Warren has a vast amount of experience in accounting (and it shows), he is professional and personable. These are qualities that I believe are important for the growth…
Founder of Hear at Home Mobile Hearing Clinic LTD
- Return To Work Raises Crucial Legal Questions For Organizations — Feb 22, 2022
- How To Check If You Have Unclaimed Cheques From The Cra — Feb 22, 2022
- 5 Financial Mistakes To Avoid When You’re Young — Feb 22, 2022
- You’ve Just Learned Cra Intends To Review Your Tax Return. Now What? — Feb 22, 2022
- Business Matters June 2021 — Jun 09, 2021